- How to Size a Cane
How to Size a Cane
If user has an existing cane and it fits well, measure the size of the existing cane. Measure from the "lowest" part on the top of the handle, to the bottom of the rubber tip. (see diagram below)
To measure the cane user:
- A. Put on the user's walking shoes.
- B. Have the user stand naturally upright as much as possible
- C. Have their arms fall to the sides naturally with a normal relaxed bend at the elbow (see diagram)
- D. Use a tape measure or yard stick. Measure the distance from their wrist joint (bottom crease at the wrist) down to the floor. For a more accurate measurement, a second person must read the measurement to prevent wrist from moving.
PLEASE READ NOTATION BELOW PICTURES
We will gladly size your cane to the length you desire free of charge.
- However, if you ask us to custom size your cane, The Walking Cane Store is not responsible for any shipping charges if you choose to send the cane back for additional sizing.
- Custom sized canes are not returnable.
The sizing information above is the general, standard measurement for a walking cane. Some users may require a special length. As with any mobility device, please see your doctor before sizing and use. Varying heel height of different shoes may change users size. Canes may be shortened but cannot be lengthened. We cannot be responsible if you measure wrong and give us the wrong cutting size. Remember, canes that have been cut (resized) are not returnable.